Friday, May 22, 2009

Midpoint Reflection - Weeks 8/9- DUE Thursday April 30th


Midpoint Reflection Questions


How has the internship been the same as and/or different than your expectations?

My internship has change in mane way. It's not what I expected it to be. Maybe if you contact me I will tell you about it , but for now I 'm not going to write.

What is similar and different about the culture of the school environment versus the workplace environment?

The difference is that we only have Haitians working their and we only have at least Two non-Haitians . What we have that are the same is that they speak different languages.

What new skills have you learned that apply to the workplace? Which of these are transferable skills?

Well to be honest I did not learn any new skills but I learn how to make copies from the copy machine. And I think most of the skills I have learn, I learn them in my school.
What kind of relationship do you have with your mentor and co-workers? How have you grown as a result of interacting with professional adults? What kinds of communication (verbal and non-verbal skills) have you gained?

We do not speak much, I only speak with one of the co- workers, her name is Marie Vincent. She is very nice and very understanding. Also she is nice, hardworking. Otherwise I have no other person I talk to, since my mentor is no longer with me. I think I always been professional and learn already about verbal and nonverbal communication.
What challenges at the internship have you faced that you have overcome and how did you overcome them?

I have face many challenges, when I was giving like six or seven box of paper to finish in two or at least one day. They are boxes full of papers that I alone can not do.

What challenges have you faced in school as a result of the altered schedule and how are you handling them?

Well one challenge was skipping Wednesday , because of French class I had less hours and I had to make them up later for them which means more hours for me than the other students.

What goals are you working to accomplish during the remaining five weeks of the internship?

I don't have any goals, because even I wanted to , they would be possible.







No comments:

Post a Comment