Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Week 7!! Vocabulary part 2



TEMPLATE:
1. Word / Phrase: Munificent

Meaning: extremely liberal in giving; very generous.

I was looking online for new words and then I found this one.

2. Word / Phrase:
Rife

Meaning: abundant, plentiful, or numerous.

I was on Google and then I was reading a context and then I saw the word Rife on a reading.

3. Word / Phrase:
Inane

Meaning: something that is empty or void, esp. the void of infinite space.
I typed it in the computer to find another words for empty and then I found this one.

4. Word / Phrase:
Ebb

Meaning: to flow back or away, as the water of a tide (opposed to flow

Ebb is a word I heard on TV and I look it online to see what it means.
5. Word / Phrase: Echelon

Meaning: A formation of troops in which each unit is positioned successively to the left or right of the rear unit to form an oblique or step like line.
I found this one on Google's vocabulary words.

No comments:

Post a Comment